A unique piece of abstract geometric art created using a very simple idea: replace numbers with colours. We use the four digits of a year to create the art. The colour for each number is shown at the bottom of the print. Check out the explanatory image in the gallery to see how we do it.
This minimalist print will appeal to anyone interested in computers, science or mathematics because they'll already be familiar with the idea of presenting numerical information in a visual way. It's a unique way to celebrate a special year, like a milestone birthday.
You'll enjoy watching people look at the print and the seeing their expression turn from puzzlement to delight when they realise that the print shows a year - it's a lot of fun and the 'code' is easy to crack!
Who would love this print?
- anyone with a special year to celebrate - a milestone birthday, perhaps
- someone with an interest in maths, computers or science
- someone who'd rather look at an image instead of numbers
- someone who loves geometric or abstract art
Make your print personal
- tell us the year
- that's it!
- colours - several colour schemes: blue/grey, green, modern mix, bright rainbow, red/orange
- A4, A3, A2, 30x40 cm, 50x70 cm, 12x16 inches, 16x20 inches, 12x16 inch canvas, 16x20 inch canvas
- printed on high quality matte paper with high quality inks for excellent longevity and fade resistance
- canvas prints for UK and non-UK delivery have different specifications:
- UK delivery canvas prints: printed on high quality 280gsm matt canvas, wrapped and stretched on a chunky 38mm pine box frame (frame not visible from the front of the print), canvas has corner wedges and a dentate (sawtooth) hanger, individually bubble-wrapped for protection in transit.
- All other countries canvas prints: printed on acid-free poly-cotton base, 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m², with hand glued solid wood stretcher bars, 1.5 inches deep. Mounting brackets are included.
How long will it take?
Once we have all the information we need for this print we'll usually complete the design and send it to the printer within one working day - click the 'Shipping and Estimated Delivery Times' link at the bottom of this page for delivery times
If you'd like this print in a different size or colour, get in touch with us (see 'Got a question?' at the bottom of this page). We'll probably be able to help!